Suggestion to change ENT hosted Blood Tournament map

Suggestions will be moved here once processed.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

Ravanys
Basic Tree

Suggestion to change ENT hosted Blood Tournament map

Postby Ravanys » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:21 am

Hi there, I registered to make this post, so I'm not sure if this is the proper forum to do so in. I play this game every so often and have noticed that ENT hosts the 2.9 version of blood tournament. I wanted to offer a suggestion to make this game more enjoyable, and that is to have the ENT bot instead host the Blood Tournament Beta 16 version that can be found on makemehost.

In the 2.9 version that is currently hosted, there are four races. However, only one of these(human) is viable, and there's one main reason for that: human wizards. In this version of blood tournament, there's one real objective for players who know what they're doing: Have as many wizards as possible behind a bigger meatshield to beat your opponent's wizards behind their meatshield.

In the version that I'm suggesting a change to, BETA16, (you can find it on Makemehost) there is more depth to the balance and strategy from the very first round. My friends and I have 3 usual openers that we can rotate between, and none of them are clearly dominant against EVERY other build the way that Wizards are dominant against everything else in the 2.9 version of blood tournament. There is only one race in Beta16, human, but it has two builders: a melee and a ranged. With these, you are able to choose which units to add to your army, and all of them have counters.

Did your opponent build too many bandits? Build mortars. Are you having trouble with knights? Build elite archers. Want some serious firepower when bloodlusted in the final round that won't be tremendously useful in the first 7? Invest in a few expensive longbow brigades. There are always options to counter what your opponent in this version, whereas in 2.9, the only option is always more wizards.

I have one last suggestion that I believe is important to improving the quality of this map on an ENT bot besides the version change, and that is require a full lobby before Blood Tournament starts. The reason for this is simple: In this game, every round(besides the bonus round) is player vs player, with 8 players having 1v1s before the winner moving to the middle of the arena. When the game starts without a full lobby, the player facing the empty slot in any given round will not fight any units and have a free walk to the middle without losing any units, where he takes the hill and waits for other players units(that just finished fighting battles at their spawn points) to come to the middle. Because of this, Blood Tournament games on ENT bots are usually won by whoever got the most "free rounds" against an empty slot. Since ENT bots only require 4 players to start Blood Tournament, you could have a game where one player gets a free pass to the middle, untouched, in every round. <--Edit: To clarify this, I mean they could luckily get a free round the first 3 rounds and win as a result, and because of that luck, they've snowballed to the point of being unbeatable. They wouldn't get a free pass every single round, but if they happened to win the first three, or two of the first three, their lumber(which can then be turned into gold) is so high(from the bonus for winning the round) that they would have snowballed to the point of being unbeatable by round 4.

Hopefully we can get some feedback on this suggestion, and if this is the wrong forum for this I apologize, could a mod please move it to the appropriate spot?
Last edited by Ravanys on Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

HazarDous
Staff Department

Re: Suggestion to change ENT hosted Blood Tournament map

Postby HazarDous » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:42 am

@Ravanys

If this is merely a suggestion to change version on an autohost bot, please include a link to download, OR (preferably) the load code of the map.

Ravanys
Basic Tree

Postby Ravanys » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:45 am

HazarDous wrote:@Ravanys

If this is merely a suggestion to change version on an autohost bot, please include a link to download, OR (preferably) the load code of the map.

I'm not sure what you mean by load code, but if you can elaborate I'm sure I can provide it. Here is a link to the map download

Edit: changed link as previous link was same name but different

While a suggestion to change map version, it is also a suggestion to change the # of players required before the lobby starts the game.
Last edited by Ravanys on Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

HazarDous
Staff Department

Postby HazarDous » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:46 am

https://entgaming.net/link/host_add.php

If map is uploaded on ENT, it is associated to a load code. Provide it if u have. If not, no big deal.

Ravanys
Basic Tree

Postby Ravanys » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:49 am

Load code for ENT is omzmp

randomloser
Forest Walker

Postby randomloser » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:41 am

Yea I prefer the rock, paper, scicor, spoc (knights,elite,motors,general) 3rd round version over Wizard/Unicorn spam anyday. Only real down side to that version was the 2nd bonus round bandit spam glitch.
-load :6589p to play custom hero arena 3D
Do you like hero craft?
Do you like angel arena?
Then try cha out you'll probably love it :D

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:37 am

Who made the beta version?

Not that it is some hacked version or other stuff ENT will not be happy about.
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

Ravanys
Basic Tree

Postby Ravanys » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:49 am

randomloser wrote:Yea I prefer the rock, paper, scicor, spoc (knights,elite,motors,general) 3rd round version over Wizard/Unicorn spam anyday. Only real down side to that version was the 2nd bonus round bandit spam glitch.

I agree. There is also the fact that the final round glitches sometimes, but that also happens in the current hosted version. Also, the bandit spam is easily preventable as a makemehost as an alert host can kick the player trying to do it, but in a bot hosted environment I don't really see any way of stopping it. It should be a bannable offense if it happens in an ENT game.

aRt)Y wrote:Who made the beta version?

Not that it is some hacked version or other stuff ENT will not be happy about.

These maps are old enough that I'm not really too sure...I've had this version on my computer since sometime in 2012.

HazarDous
Staff Department

Postby HazarDous » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:20 pm

@Ravanys

I understand the player base is low for this game, but there has been a lack of input from Blood Tournament community.

Furthermore, this page suggests that BD Beta 16 isn't so popular, as even the auto hosted version is privately hosted more often than it.

This suggestion is thereby denied. Feel free to re-post with more community support.

Return to “Suggestion Archive”