Unable to connect to any ENT game

Technical Support topics will be moved here when they are Resolved.

Moderators: Oversight Staff, Processing Staff

g1real
Aura Tree

Re: Unable to connect to any ENT game

Postby g1real » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:26 am

The ISP is an education ISP yes. But I'm in one of the student apartments that they happen to give internet too, they're quite professional though and don't employ any form of blocks from what I know. They only tend to monitor torrent traffic.

cyberpunk
Protector of Nature

Postby cyberpunk » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:33 am

Proably, that's the problem :3
[spoiler=Links to find ur ban]Link to banlist
Link to ENT Link[/spoiler]
I don't answer private messages that should be public questions. Use the forum

g1real
Aura Tree

Postby g1real » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:41 am

What makes you think that?

Nz.Death
Poison Treant

Postby Nz.Death » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:44 am

They could have certain blocker's from the Computer admin (happens in New Zealand hostel's), Maybe ask the person in control of the whole network in your building, They will be able to acces things that you cant and it might provide alot of better information to help at your end and our's.

g1real
Aura Tree

Postby g1real » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:46 am

They don't employ any form of blocks.

Nz.Death
Poison Treant

Postby Nz.Death » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:45 am

Do you all pay for your own Internet ? You said before it is moderated, Talk to the moderator of this and trouble shot with him, He should be able to help you if its at your end.

teller55
Donator

Postby teller55 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:15 am

I would at least try this step to see if anything turns up, ask the school's IT administrator (just via email or something if you don't know them) if the school blocks any ports to offsite campus apartments. They may just have a small list of ports that are "known or suspected" to be bad ports, and the first part of the ENT bots may be on that list. That is probably the only other thing I can think of being that the range of bots you can connect to end numerically, when our bots aren't hosted on servers numerically (they are sporadic between several different servers which is why it makes sense that it is a port issue)

g1real
Aura Tree

Postby g1real » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:18 am

First of all:
I have to apologize for my stubbornness

It turns indeed ports 6000 to 6063 are blocked, ports that are apparently a vulnerability because they're in the xwin32/xdcmp range. I would have never expected it. It took me some googling to get anything too since it's a very local service.

It's a shame on them, but they're not willing to unlock them (or have said so in the past). I haven't asked personally, but I'm 99% sure on that.

And I don't suppose you're willing to change to more reasonable port ranges either (why are they numbered like that anyway, if you're hosting them on different servers ). I can always start tunneling via my parents' house, but I don't think they'll appreciate their (my) PC being online 24/7 ;)

tl;dr In my opinion, you need to change you ports to a better range.

OR perhaps, since all servers are gproxy enabled, is there a way to connect using a different set of ports?

cyberpunk
Protector of Nature

Postby cyberpunk » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:08 pm

g1real wrote:tl;dr In my opinion, you need to change you ports to a better range.
Sorry, I don't think so. :3 This problem is your side, not ours.

g1real wrote:OR perhaps, since all servers are gproxy enabled, is there a way to connect using a different set of ports?
Just make a try.

Resolved.
[spoiler=Links to find ur ban]Link to banlist
Link to ENT Link[/spoiler]
I don't answer private messages that should be public questions. Use the forum

uakf.b
Staff Department

Postby uakf.b » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Well, I'm moving back to support because it's not really resolved even though it's on his side. For GProxy++, no, the reconnect port is only used for reconnecting to a game, you still connect via the default host port. For the host ports, the range makes it easy to tell the ports and to configure the bots, but if other people are having the same problem we might consider altering the hosting ports.
dWFrZi5i -- 'cause I'm cool like Agreements

Return to “Processed Support Cases”