Unable to connect to any ENT game

Technical Support topics will be moved here when they are Resolved.

Moderators: Oversight Staff, Processing Staff

g1real
Aura Tree

Re: Unable to connect to any ENT game

Postby g1real » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:29 pm

I don't have a router. I don't type the game name, and that is not the issue because I can do those things fine.
When will you understand? The problem here is that I can't join most ent bots, I can join everyone else fine, my own bot can host fine, I can host fine, my firewall is off, EVERYTHING works fine, EXCEPT ENT1~66

Edit: My laptop connects fine, so I can rule out country-wide IP blocks, and perhaps start wondering if there's a miscellaneous program blocking things.
Which still doesn't make sense all things considered: I cannot join a specific range of ent bots.

In the end, you're not giving me info I need, namely what's so different about the two groups.
Last edited by g1real on Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

teller55
Donator

Postby teller55 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:50 pm

I do understand, our bots are hosted on like 9 different servers, you can connect to one of them, I get that, I was saying my friend had a nearly identical problem and that changing your location might helpjust tip see if that's the issue. Go to McDonalds use their free internet and see if you get the same issue. We have thousands of users use our bots and thousands of games hosted every week, if there were entire servers with our bots getting 0 games it would be an issue on our end. Look at it from our point of view, what do you think we are doing wrong when you are the only user having this specific issue.

g1real
Aura Tree

Postby g1real » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:56 pm

teller55 wrote:Go to McDonalds use their free internet and see if you get the same issue.

I understand that you might think I by external laptop I mean "available physically at this very moment", but the idea was that I remotely connected to it and tried it. I don't feel much for dragging over this desktop and it's peripherals though.

We have thousands of users use our bots and thousands of games hosted every week, if there were entire servers with our bots getting 0 games it would be an issue on our end. Look at it from our point of view, what do you think we are doing wrong when you are the only user having this specific issue.

Oh, so because it's a rare single specific issue it's somehow not good enough or what? "We never get X, thus it's all your fault"

It's not my fault, nor is it yours.
I posted here expecting technical support and help from your side, while I got that, I didn't expect arbitrary guesswork and simple answers to commonly seen issues, like routers and firewalls, ISP problems and connection slowness, it's already been confirmed double, triple, and quadruple times that all those are not, cannot and would not be the causes.

If I sound frustrated in this all, it's because I am. But really I'm just putting it to the point. I'm literally tired, and frustrated from this seemingly unsolvable problem.

Which servers are bots 66~83 using, why are they different from the rest? Are they different in any way?

teller55
Donator

Postby teller55 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:08 pm

I'm not trying to be rude either, just trying to suggest some solutions from what I've seen has worked in the past. I didn't mean you were insignificant, I'm just saying it's not like the bots aren't getting anyone to play.

Also, it's not required to be a CS or IS major to become an admin, so it's not guaranteed that we can all give you completely technical advice, we are doing the best we can :) (I think Agreements and uakf.b are the technical gurus.)

g1real
Aura Tree

Postby g1real » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:10 pm

You're a moderator though. ;)

I did expect the red names to have the experience, but...

Edit: Well a fresh reinstall didn't work either, scratch that off the list.

I bet a complete OS/different OS install could 'fix' it, or maybe not, so let's give it a go... tonight.
Last edited by g1real on Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

teller55
Donator

Postby teller55 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:21 pm

But but I'm green not red, unless you know something I don't know :mrgreen:

g1real
Aura Tree

Postby g1real » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:28 pm

Administrators are red, and the names also appear on the ghostclient forums, I expect them to have technical knowledge, but they won't help me I think.

uakf.b
Staff Department

Postby uakf.b » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:58 pm

ENT1-ENT66 use ports 6001 to 6066, maybe you have something blocking those ports? Since the bots are all on different servers mixed in with the other bots (for example, ENT63 is running on the same server as ENT74), this is the only thing that makes sense.

This is why we think the problem is on your end. You can connect to the same server on one port but not the other, and nothing in the server configuration enforces anything like that.
dWFrZi5i -- 'cause I'm cool like Agreements

teller55
Donator

Postby teller55 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:03 pm

Maybe they can't think of anything yet that hadn't been mentioned already and have to look into it, I dunno. But also, as an admin, they might just know a lot about the forum or about running the bots, not necessarily every detail about internet connectivity :P

g1real
Aura Tree

Postby g1real » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:50 am

With the new information it's obvious that it'll have to be on my side, but the question is why and what?

I can disable windows firewall, I can configure it to allow all connections, I can disable all its related services.
I can ping the servers fine, I'm losing no packets. The connection is just being rejected subtly. Is it because you're using abnormal ports? And do those ports 6001-6066 go all the way to 6083 too because of ENT83?

I'm out of ideas, short of a clean OS install.

Edit: oh and to get back to that one thing, just because I'm the only user who had actually bothered to make a thread about it and attempt to fix it, never means other people didn't get it. Because I had the tendency to ignore it for the first few days and just avoid ENT games.

Edit: repeated port scans show no difference between the former and the latter group of bots.

Edit: and my own host bot hosts fine and I can connect to it fine to, for example, port 6050 (but others cannot? I cannot say, I didn't get anyone to join)
Last edited by g1real on Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

uakf.b
Staff Department

Postby uakf.b » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:16 am

All of the ports are 6 and then the bot number, left-padded with zeroes to get four digits total. There's nothing abnormal, they're all TCP ports.
dWFrZi5i -- 'cause I'm cool like Agreements

g1real
Aura Tree

Postby g1real » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:44 am

They're abnormal in the sense that they aren't in the typical 6112-6118 range though.

I give up then, I've tried enough arbitrarily random things, I blame your side for having something fishy going on, I blame myself for not being able to find a solution.

Edit: Edited previous post, not sure if you saw all edits.

Nz.Death
Poison Treant

Postby Nz.Death » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:49 am

Hmm it seems very odd, Im think im at the limit to the help i can give you, But maybe try uninstalling wc3 and reload everything, Then try join another server, Then try and join ENT. All of our bot's are working fine, And no one else as of yet has had that many issue's, Have you tryed join through ENT CONNECT ? Its up in the tab's on the fourm page. That might help. Read the instruction's, But its pretty easy, Validate your battle.net name with ENT and you join through you lan.

I hope that help's

g1real
Aura Tree

Postby g1real » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:56 am

I've already reinstalled warcraft 3.
I've already tried ent connect and it's been suggested already
I've already connected my battle.net account.

Thanks for trying anyway, but the problem is deeper.

cyberpunk
Protector of Nature

Postby cyberpunk » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:08 am

Tell me about your network. Are you using the internet in your university, home or business?
[spoiler=Links to find ur ban]Link to banlist
Link to ENT Link[/spoiler]
I don't answer private messages that should be public questions. Use the forum

Return to “Processed Support Cases”