Entconnect not working fine

Technical Support topics will be moved here when they are Resolved.

Moderators: Oversight Staff, Processing Staff

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Re: Entconnect not working fine

Postby aRt)Y » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:30 am

emailed uak. Should be fixed in a couple of hours.
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

demoncaster27
Resource Storage

Postby demoncaster27 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:33 am

Me too , i cant see anything hosted....

ripdog
Resource Storage

Postby ripdog » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:52 am

So is this a situation where only one staff member has login to the server? Or only one has knowledge to get it working again?

tastay
Forest Walker

Postby tastay » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:22 am

is there even other servers up that people can play legion td?

uakf.b
Staff Department

Postby uakf.b » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:50 pm

Should work now.
dWFrZi5i -- 'cause I'm cool like Agreements

Grindhouse
Aura Tree

Postby Grindhouse » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:00 pm

Thanks guys, as a part of the WC3 community I have to say ENT Servers are the BEST on WC3! Also I am currently connected to a game via LAN again. :D

Homicide
Armored Tree

Postby Homicide » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:17 am

Well I'm happy that this topic kept the updates with entconnect and I'm happy that it works again, but still I didn't got respond to my second question:

Homicide wrote:
One more question about entconnect, I've seen that you recommend many times that people should connect through this connection rather then the older ones because it has a good reconnection to the game with its gproxy(Chicago proxy I think it's the name), but I never managed to connect to a game if I chose the gproxy, specifically gives the error "Unable to join the specified game.Please try again, or select a different game" on any game I try to connect. The only option remain is to connect with proxy settings disable, it's the only way it works for me.
So what I wanted to ask is if it's there something wrong with my pc/internet or it's a problem from ent that people can't connect with gproxy, and are there other options to connect with gproxy through entconnect if this option don't work?

The main reason I asked this is because even if I play with entconnect I don't seem to get any advatages with gproxy...when my net goes down and I fix it, gproxy tries to reconnect but it never manage to do that and I end up disconnected.

uakf.b
Staff Department

Postby uakf.b » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:12 am

The proxy setting is different from GProxy++, it routes your traffic through a different server which might have more reliable connection to the actual host bot. Now that servers were moved to New York location, which has better set of upstream providers, this isn't needed anymore and the "Chicago proxy server" is no longer online.
dWFrZi5i -- 'cause I'm cool like Agreements

Return to “Processed Support Cases”