Nz.Death @battle.net east

Thank you for applying.
Nz.Death
Poison Treant

Nz.Death @battle.net east

Postby Nz.Death » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:18 am

Name:Richard
Game moderator position (see below for choices):Dota
Brief introduction: I'm 24 and live in New Zealand, I have been with my girlfriend for a very long time now and we have a 18 month old daughter, I'm a builder and i love the outdoor's, I really enjoy playing dota.
What are your current hours of playing time (approximate)?Well over a week i usually play around 35-45 hours of dota.
What is your current time zone? GMT +12:00
Describe any relevant experience, both in moderating and in Warcraft III:I have no experience in Game moderating , I have always been active on forum for what ever server's i use.
Why should we accept you? I'm a thinker and i always try to find ways of improving the way things are done and trying to add a cool twist to anything (you'll see this in some of my forum posts), I'm an above average player in dota and I do get Pis*ed off sometimes in game, But thats only if rules are been broken eg: feeding and not vote kicking .
Why do you want to become a game moderator? I feel that i would make a good game moderator as i have a good sense to judge if people are map hacking and i have no problems with watching a replay after just to double check my instinct, I play a fair bit so i can be available most of the time either in game or on the forum's.
What will you bring to the ENT/Warcraft III community? Maybe a different view on a few things, I like change for the best and i always look to improve things. I try to merge things from other server's and integrate them with ENT to make things in forum's and tourney's more fun.
Closing Statement: I haven't been with ENT for very long but my time so far has been very well enjoyed and ive played alot of games over that time and been active on the forum's.

I hope this goes through, If not then thanks and ill still be active on the forum's and trying to make things better.

DAbot
Treant Protector

Re: Nz.Death @battle.net east

Postby DAbot » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:58 am

Please provide some ban requests so that other admins shoul'd see how much experience do you have and how good at dota ban requests and other stuffs such a mod/scripts/bans/appeals etc,

Please treat this community with utmost respect and be nice, and you should become a staff member as soon as possible.

Google]Earth
Adsense[BoT]
entgaming.net

Nz.Death
Poison Treant

Postby Nz.Death » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:09 am

These are the ban requests ive started and they have all gone through, Ive never needed to do a ban appeal and i dont plan to.

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=3116
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=3151
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3235
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=3325

Threads ive started on ideas to improve the ENT server.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3372
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3344
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3345
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3225

Nz.Death wrote:Please treat this community with utmost respect and be nice, and you should become a staff member as soon as possible.

I dont get this bit ??? Im sure i have been nothing but respectful, If i havent in someway then im sorry.

teller55
Donator

Postby teller55 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:20 pm

Don't pay much attention to what he says, most of the time it doesn't make sense. He types whatever he wants to say in Google Translate and most of the time it doesn't come out correct. He probably meant keep on treating the community with respect or something I don't know.

DAbot
Treant Protector

Postby DAbot » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:54 pm

teller55 your such a lier. google translate for children only i suppose
Adsense[BoT]
entgaming.net

ForMaDawgS
Treant Protector

Postby ForMaDawgS » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:57 pm

lol nz.death don't pay heed to any thing that google]earth says hes the forum idiot but dont tell him i said it

i would like to see more activity in both bans and appeals, but your on the way!

Nz.Death
Poison Treant

Postby Nz.Death » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:06 pm

Cool thanks guys, I thought it would've been a stretch consider the sort time im been playing ENT, When you say more active in ban appeals and requests , Do you mean go through other peoples post and watch replay etc... Make my own decision etc.... Pretty much be a second opinion?

Nz.Death
Poison Treant

Postby Nz.Death » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:31 pm

Well it would depend on how they are playing i guess, If they wouldnt buy any items after you trying to help them and just run into towers over and over then yes id !votekick them.

If the are buying the items you are telling them to and they are trying then theres no point, Let them play.

We were all newbies once, And no every game can be a good one.

Bubblestorms
Treant Protector

Postby Bubblestorms » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:02 am

Haha nice to see a fellow Kiwi, good luck with your application, well I have gone through some of your requests and your contributions, you might want to be a bit more detailed with explanations of the times/fog clicks etc, I think this has already been stated by others.

Quick question: If some one were to harass you in a game, through out, how would you deal with this person? And would you consider banning this user? (By harass just verbal threats)

Nz.Death
Poison Treant

Postby Nz.Death » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:09 am

Well i now realise there is a !ignore command, Other than that i try to ignore them as much as possible, I do tell some people to stfu sometimes when they really will not give up on the abuse to everyone and me. But i dont think i ever get down to their level and get nasty.

As for banning them , Nope that would be an abuse of the power if i was to become admin.
But on that note it does also depend what they are doing, If they are flamming excessively then its more that likely that they would be feeding and throwing the game. Take each game as it come's.

As for been more detailed i have sorted out all my fogclick detector stuff now, So i can be alot more accurate, And detailed.

Nz.Death
Poison Treant

Postby Nz.Death » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:33 am

Here is a link, Just posted, I only use fog click to detect if something might be up and then i go over the replay again pausing and fog on/off to double check, I have replay seeker aswel which makes it easier.

But this link here : viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3397

This is how ill be posting my Ban requests now, With alot more detail.

Cheers guys

uakf.b
Staff Department

Postby uakf.b » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:55 am

Our policy is currently that any fog click detectors are included in third party programs and should not be used at all in games. This is bannable.
dWFrZi5i -- 'cause I'm cool like Agreements

Nz.Death
Poison Treant

Postby Nz.Death » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:29 am

I used the fog click detector whilst watching his replay, Im not even in that game, I just had a look over it for him to show the fog click's etc...

Nz.Death
Poison Treant

Postby Nz.Death » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:00 am

How much support do i need to be accepted and Who does the accepting?

I feel now that in my forum posts to do with Ban request is definitely a lot more detailed and helpful,
Plus i am going over other peoples ban requests for then and taking screen shots and noting times of hacking etc for them to making it easier for the staff to process.

cyberpunk
Protector of Nature

Postby cyberpunk » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:44 am

Be patient, clan ent has a criteria to select admins.. sometimes takes more time than usual
[spoiler=Links to find ur ban]Link to banlist
Link to ENT Link[/spoiler]
I don't answer private messages that should be public questions. Use the forum

Return to “Processed Applications”