WTphoo@USWEST

Thank you for applying.
WTphoo
Treant

Re: WTphoo@USWEST

Postby WTphoo » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:53 am

Sorry for the inconvenience. I will do so next time.

Raizen
Treant Protector

Postby Raizen » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:57 am

sorry if i made you snap
but that is just my opinion, and is my opinion for now (can be changed with attitudes)
you can use my criticizes as something you can work on it :P

WTphoo
Treant

Postby WTphoo » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:02 am

I just find it unreasonable to comment with such a post and words of action. Usually I don't surf this website, I just look up stats/bans/dota, etc forums in my interest. Not familiar with the edits and features. I guess I can take that as support for my temper to work on. Thank you Raizen :)

WTphoo
Treant

Postby WTphoo » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:13 am

My reason in wanting to become a staff member is to help the ent community. During my games of playing dota/ladder or whatever. I've seen many uncalled for comments/actions, etc you name it. These would be racial comments, flaming, maphacking, racial comments, and much more. I would like to be a support by eliminating these users. I mean if you're playing a game, wouldn't you like to enjoy it without having to deal with players who ruin the game? I do.

Ok let's assume you can learn how to manage phpbb and all the practical stuff. What im missing here is a reason

Bnet and Ent commands are very similar and since I have experience with battle.net commands, learning commands from ENT wouldn't be so difficult.

Since most commands on ent has nothing to do with bnet commands, i don't know why you put it here.

Reasons why I talked about my gaming experiences is because throughout those games, I've experienced/seen many game violations that ENT are against. These games have gave me thought of eliminating these users to avoid ruined games for everyone.

Nothing to do with moderating. Player skills is low on my list, to say the least.

I haven't posted any forums about maphackers because it didn't bother me. Running into some now and here is no biggy ; but as I kept playing more and more games I kept running into more. Players started abusing that power and ruined games for many. I have some experience detecting maphack; fogclicks, during game play experiences, etc.

Your application must be posted from a valid forum account with the same username as your current Warcraft III username. Additionally, all applicants must have at least twenty-five posts and must have been a member for at least two weeks to apply.

Before applying, you should have commented on several bans in the Ban Requests section of this forum, indicating your thoughts on the ban. Do not make posts if you do not have experience in the area; for example, on maphacking related bans, if you do not have significant experience with judging maphacking (for example, looking through replays for fog clicks) then do not post (when you become a moderator, you will be expected to ask other moderators and eventually learn about things like this though). Additionally, to maximize your chances of being selected, you should be active on the forum and make valuable contributions to the forum (this refers to the posts and private messages that you write; post count will not be heavily considered -- we will pay more attention to the actual content of your posts).

If you are rejected from a game moderator position, generally you must wait one month before applying again. There are exceptions on both sides to this rule, and in these cases the duration you must wait will be posted in your rejected application. Note that you cannot apply if there are no game moderator positions available.

Please familiarize yourself with the Enterprise rules and general Game rules before applying. There will be additional policies that you must read if/when you become a game moderator.

You're talking about maphackers i get that. But what i haven't seen so far is a post of you reporting one. i know you wrote you complained about one, but what i need to see is "how you detect maphack" or how you deal with that kind of a report.

Due to my lack of experience in identifying map hack and dealing with that situation. I will give in time to ask others to educate my experience in that field to learn about that such as users as yourself.

cyberpunk
Protector of Nature

Postby cyberpunk » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:10 am

WTphoo wrote:I haven't posted any forums about maphackers because it didn't bother me.
Making bans request is a way to show us what kind of player you want to ban.
I'm always happy when someone comes to help our community. I think you can be a great moderator however not yet. You need to get more involved with forum to know how ENT works. No matter the outcome, do not give up. ;)
[spoiler=Links to find ur ban]Link to banlist
Link to ENT Link[/spoiler]
I don't answer private messages that should be public questions. Use the forum

WTphoo
Treant

Postby WTphoo » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:29 am

I'll start making ban request as soon as I find someone to start with. I understand that I need to get more involved with forums to understand how ENT works. I'll do my best to give my personal thoughts and opinions on recent ban request made by other users.

WTphoo
Treant

Postby WTphoo » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:57 pm

Any further thoughts about my application?

Vapula
Forest Walker

Postby Vapula » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:01 am

Yeah...sorry to call you out bro, but you literally copied and pasted my application then made a few changes...

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=1246

Umm, why'd you do that?
Vapula is a powerful Great Duke of Hell that commands thirty-six legions of demons.

teller55
Donator

Postby teller55 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:22 am

It might be only a coincidence that half of his application is your words... (comparison)

WTphoo
Treant

Postby WTphoo » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:21 pm

I find it awkwardly strange that our applications are similar due to our wording ; but not much is alike.

uakf.b
Staff Department

Postby uakf.b » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:28 pm

LOL
dWFrZi5i -- 'cause I'm cool like Agreements

WTphoo
Treant

Postby WTphoo » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:02 pm

Lol, out of all the applications out there, it's similar to his -.-

uakf.b