IPeonYou@USWest

Thank you for applying.
IPeonYou
Forest Walker

IPeonYou@USWest

Postby IPeonYou » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:14 am

Name: John
Game moderator position (see below for choices): 1 - Dota

Brief introduction: Uhh I was never good with intros but hello everyone, I've recently returned to playing bnet again after quiting for a few years but played for atleast 6 yrs of dota, guess you can say im an old geezer when it comes to dota haha, i tend to joke alot during games or in the lobby you know to lighten up the mood, anyways i really dont know what else to say lol idk if anyone played back then but i use to play on the name dota_man2

What are your current hours of playing time (approximate)? Hmmm....i would say in a wholes day, probably up to about 4 to 6 hours, that includes having 2 bros who plays too so im usually stuck watching their games too waiting for them to finish

What is your current time zone? Pacific Time

Describe any relevant experience, both in moderating and in Warcraft III: No experience i would say unless u count the old banlist from like 6 years ago lol idk but im willing to learn in moderating

Why should we accept you? Im sometimes up late and take looks at replays give my opinion from time to time, ive got a few LOT of bans myself along with helping someone who shall not be name become admin but it was pretty much him who introduced me to this site. Pretty much i would like to start banning hackers myself seeing so many ingame, i've got a pretty good judgement on maphackers as they been around for so long.

Why do you want to become a game moderator? Honestly i had a few people asking me in the channel thinking i was admin, as you can see it kinda hit me that i should become one and help others. Also got that idea from vapula after seeing him become an admin himself....i kinda want to be able to help people when their in need when no admins is around.

What will you bring to the ENT/Warcraft III community? Hmm i think i can help reduce the amount of maphackers even though most admins are doing that already but whats a few lot of admins against a whole army of maphackers? Just saying we can even up the scale showing our powers being able to remove the cheaters, and that all cheaters will be prosecuted....for a year for maphacking. As i said before though i just wanna be able to help people, help them have a clean fun game of dota cause facing against cheaters, it sure aint dayum fun. Im usually on my ipod checking the forums everyday when im not on the computer but i'll try my best to support posts when i can.

Closing Statement: I may not know how to do much but im willing to learn, im a pretty fast learner and given a teacher and time i should be able to master the abilities needed to become an admin. If you do choose to make me admin, i'll promise to do my best and make sure you dont regret your decision. Thank you for taking your time reading this post.

For what game position should you apply for?
#1- DotA
#2- Castle Fight
#3- Custom Games
#4- Other (List the following game)
[IMG]http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/af188/ZeroDAF/Signatures/Pivot%20Stuff/TooSoon.gif[/IMG]

Vapula
Forest Walker

Re: IPeonYou@USWest

Postby Vapula » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:55 pm

!support.

I've known hims since I started playing on ENT in June...and I've always said he should be an admin with the amount of activity he has. I also think he would be extremely fair and helpful in administration situations. He also has done a lot of ban requests, which I think is great.
Vapula is a powerful Great Duke of Hell that commands thirty-six legions of demons.

ForMaDawgS
Treant Protector

Postby ForMaDawgS » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:56 pm

! support peon is a trust worthy guy he knows his computer skillz and also has alot of ban requests and comments that actually do help me and im sure others.

!SUPPORT !SUPPORT
!SUPPORT !SUPPORT
!SUPPORT !SUPPORT
!SUPPORT
!SUPPORT
!SUPPORT
!SUPPORT
!SUPPORT

cyberpunk
Protector of Nature

Postby cyberpunk » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:32 pm

Processed requests
(23 Posts / 79.31% of user’s posts)

!support
[spoiler=Links to find ur ban]Link to banlist
Link to ENT Link[/spoiler]
I don't answer private messages that should be public questions. Use the forum

iTz_WaR
Donator

Postby iTz_WaR » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:42 am

!support
Makes pretty good high quality ban requests, and has quite a few of them.

IPeonYou
Forest Walker

Postby IPeonYou » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:14 am

Boy do I feel loved!! :D
[IMG]http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/af188/ZeroDAF/Signatures/Pivot%20Stuff/TooSoon.gif[/IMG]

uakf.b
Staff Department

Postby uakf.b » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:22 am

What do you think is worse: mistakenly banning someone who's not a maphacker or mistakenly not banning a maphacker?
dWFrZi5i -- 'cause I'm cool like Agreements

IPeonYou
Forest Walker

Postby IPeonYou » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:34 am

Though both are bad, you can always look up the games from the maphackers username and find replays.

But overall mistakenly banning someone who didn't maphack is the worst of all, as it affects all ent admins and mods, it shows we didnt do our work as finding evidence and enough proof to ban. You can say its abusing power. Mistakenly banning someone who didnt maphack just makes the ent community look bad, kinda shows that Admins will abuse power to ban someone with no proof.

Sorry if that sounds weird or doesnt make sense....i know what to say but cant seem to find the right words...but mistakenly banning someone who didnt maphack just makes everything to do with ent look bad.

uakf.b
Staff Department

Postby uakf.b » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:44 am

Hm, yeah, I guess I agree. Also, if people get mistakenly banned for maphacking they might think it doesn't matter whether they maphack or not, they'll still get banned, so might as well maphack.

IPeonYou
Forest Walker

Postby IPeonYou » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:52 am

Rather not ban a hacker than mistakenly ban a non hacker for mh

uakf.b
Staff Department

Postby uakf.b » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:42 pm

no can't

Return to “Processed Applications”