HansEichmann@useast

Thank you for applying.
HansEichmann
Aura Tree

HansEichmann@useast

Postby HansEichmann » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:52 am

Name: Josh

Game moderator position (see below for choices): Dota(1)

Brief introduction: My name is Josh.. I'm 21 years old currently living in the US(East Coast). I have been playing Dota since the RoC version first came out.. (when voids ult was global.. SA had death ward etc etc) I'm a pretty laid back guy.. always making friends.. and I'm very easy to befriend/get along with. I love debates.. and I love meeting new people.

What are your current hours of playing time (approximate)? At least 35-45 hours a week.

What is your current time zone? Eastern Mountain Time

Describe any relevant experience, both in moderating and in Warcraft III: Moderated countless other forums and games..things like Anime forums.. Byond forums. I was admin on many servers on CS 1.6/Day Of Defeat. I was league staff when THR was alive and kicking.. never really applied for any other positions in any leagues.. never had the time.. but I know what I'm doing.. and I have way too much time on my hands as it.

Why should we accept you? You should accept me because I'm a very experienced player.. and I know what it takes to keep hackers and griefers out of the league for good. I am a very dedicated person.. and very passionate about my work. While at my job.. sitting at my desk.. I have so much time to watch replays.. help noobs.. and do ban requests/appeals. I am confident that I can put forth honest.. unbiased judgement to the players of ENT.

Why do you want to become a game moderator? I feel like the staff need help.. so why not lend a hand? I want to make ENT a better.. more friendly/welcoming place for not only new players.. but old returning players. I want to stop hackers in their tracks.. and make every game better then the last.

What will you bring to the ENT/Warcraft III community? Friendly service to the community.. honest opinions.. unbiased judgement. I don't take sides.. and no one gets a special treatment in my eyes.

Closing Statement: I'm very confident in my abilities and feel like choosing me is a no brainer. I have what it takes.. and I assure you that if given the opportunity you will not only be impressed.. but also satisfied with your decision to hire me.
Last edited by HansEichmann on Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

HansEichmann
Aura Tree

Re: HansEichmann@useast

Postby HansEichmann » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:37 am

The fountain thing is all in good fun... we always try to kill the fountain.. gives us an end goal aside from winning an em pub. (I don't really feel like fountain camping should even be a "policy".. if you can do it.. you've earned it) I can name a lot of the staff who break the fountain camping rule. But I see where you are coming from and I will do it whenever i get back online. I'm at the ER right now so I can't really do much.

Bubblestorms
Treant Protector

Postby Bubblestorms » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:46 am

Good luck with your application, however you should try to be more active with other bans, assist admins with finding hackers, game ruiners etc. Also fountain farming refers to sitting around the fountain and killing heros for more than 3 minutes with no intention of ending game.

DAbot
Treant Protector

Postby DAbot » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:52 am

Provide ban requests so others can see how experienced you are!

+1

Be more active on forums and regards your partners
and good luck my friend.
Adsense[BoT]
entgaming.net

teller55
Donator

Postby teller55 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:29 pm

I would say no at this time, only due to lack of activity in the Ban Appeal/Request area. You have 27 posts, but only 2 of them are in the Ban Request section both being 1 liners. I would say get some more activity there helping out. You don't need to be an admin to analyze the posts there and place your opinion, that's how we see what you would do as a Moderator.
HansEichmann wrote:I feel like the staff need help.. so why not lend a hand? I want to make ENT a better.. more friendly/welcoming place for not only new players.. but old returning players. I want to stop hackers in their tracks..
Like I said, if you feel we need a hand, go ahead and lend one so we can see what you are like :)

cyberpunk
Protector of Nature

Postby cyberpunk » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:22 pm

HansEichmann wrote:Why do you want to become a game moderator? I feel like the staff need help.. so why not lend a hand? I want to make ENT a better.. more friendly/welcoming place for not only new players..
Yea, we have the same reasons here however we need to know what kind of player you want to ban and just saying I want to ban hackers it's too easy. That's why we need some bans requests, to see if you'd act exactly like we do
[spoiler=Links to find ur ban]Link to banlist
Link to ENT Link[/spoiler]
I don't answer private messages that should be public questions. Use the forum

Bubblestorms
Treant Protector

Postby Bubblestorms » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:49 pm

Increase the number of posts in ban requests, not agreeing or disagreeing with moderators or users, but showing evidence that you have been looking at the replay and so forth. Basically backing up what your saying.

cyberpunk
Protector of Nature

Postby cyberpunk » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:08 pm

HansEichmann wrote:I am a very dedicated person..
Where is your dedication to become admin?
Everyone has posted what is needed to get approved, you did nothing about it.
Denied, you can re-apply in a week.
[spoiler=Links to find ur ban]Link to banlist
Link to ENT Link[/spoiler]
I don't answer private messages that should be public questions. Use the forum

Return to “Processed Applications”