Ban abuse by admin mariah aka baymax useast.battle.net

Processed complaints will be moved here.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

N4Games
Forest Walker

Ban abuse by admin mariah aka baymax useast.battle.net

Postby N4Games » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:42 pm

Okay so ban abuse

You can see the "discussions" here:

https://entgaming.net/forum/viewtopic.p ... 18#p246818
https://entgaming.net/forum/viewtopic.p ... 08#p246808

Situation is as follows:

Game starts - mariah picks no mode (fair it happens)
We try to draw game - no draw from admin (normally this is good manners)

Then ppl start picking races... basically game is screwed. Normally when i draw, i cannot save the replay. Now i have tried to find a replay on open stats page but i cannot get it to play in the viewer, so i did a fast save so i can remember names and look at the times for when stuff happens.

This took around 1 sec.

So mariah bans me for something that was not at all annoying to ANYONE, if they even noticed it. Clearly out of proportion.
She created the situation where i did this, check my stats i have like 97 % stay and i generally promote a positive feeling in games, also because small kids may be playing.

So she bans me for a situation she created, with no draw a situation that will last 30-60 min unless i leave, and then bans me, and then she CLEARLY posts this ban to provoke me into breaking more rules.

I do not read all new rules, this is true, i generally dont ruin games and dont abuse bugs - but play nice fair clean games.

So if this ban is ANY indicator of other bans she made, i would SERIOUSLY suggest you remove her rights, if you check her banlog (?) then i am sure you will se more bans that may be "by the book", but clearly is abuse, and promotes a bad atmosphere.

So to re-cap:

1. She created a situation in where most ppl would leave a game is more or less ruined for 40-60 min
2. She then bans me for a save (yes i need it, look before i explained) for something that takes 1 sec

Did she do this because she was angry? YUP, there was no real reason, you know this if you look at replay.
Is this abuse of her rights? YUP
Did i try to save game, and did i not let myself be provoked, and did i get a longer ban? YUP

I wonder if you join a game that got ruined, and 10 sec after you get banned for something completely silly would you be a bit negative? yeah prolly.

I can also add she is playing outside of ban, got a msg. whereas i cannot play.

Please remove this person from your staff, she is like a 10 y old on a powertrip

N4Games
Forest Walker

Re: Ban abuse by admin mariah aka baymax useast.battle.net

Postby N4Games » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:54 pm

Also i would to add

Mariah intercepts my ban appeals and denies them.

So in effect he is unbanned by a buddy 10 sec after
I am banned for 2 days

So... ahm yeah there might be some buddies looking out for each other here.

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:06 pm

@N4Games She didn't abuse her rights. As you already said, she enforced the rules. Whether she did it the way ENT would want it, debatable.

That said, the situation was poorly handled by the moderators and your ban is lifted considering the circumstances.

However, for the next time, please use the save replay button after the game and ensure to read our rules.

@Mariah I would appreciate if you read Haunt's comment on the appeal. I doubt more explanation is not needed here.
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

nabo.
Donator

Postby nabo. » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:08 pm

Spoiler!
@Mariah

http://storage.entgaming.net/replay/vie ... 011658.w3g
I get that dual screen can "fuk up" as you stated, but probably would have been best you apologized or encourage !draw instead of banning a user and:
2:52 [All] drShuu: why no draw?
2:56 [All] Baymax: because he's whining.

@N4Games
The reasons we do not allow saving in game are:
1) Save file is not the same as a replay file provided at the end of game. Save feature is for people who wish to stop playing a game and continue later on from where they left off.
2) Saving during the game can cause other players in game to lag or disconnect.
3) Depending when you save, you can hinder or negatively impact the game.

Since there was no ill intent for saving or negative impact to the game, a warning sufficed. @Mariah (Staff guide 7.1)

As for Mariah getting unbanned soon after she got banned once you posted a ban request, it is because she appealed: https://entgaming.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=61122

Considering her believable situation + based on her many games played at ENT, a benefit of the doubt is reasonable. As you stated, "fair, it happens".

I will agree that the situation was not handled in the best manner and the ban was too long.

Noted and processed.

Edit: got ninjad. Will leave my post as a sidenote.
Clan High@useast

• Check the wiki for ENT rules and general information.
  • Talk to mods on ENT chat.
  • Host games through our bots, Manage your stats, Secure your account(s), and check your ban status on ENT LINK.

Return to “Processed Cases”