GetStomped is tyrannical and disrespectful

Processed complaints will be moved here.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

lisa91
Armored Tree

GetStomped is tyrannical and disrespectful

Postby lisa91 » Fri May 01, 2015 7:47 pm

One of your admins, getstomped, is on a power trip. I am a very respectful member of ENT, for many years probably longer than this admin has been playing this game or granted admin, and I appeal a ban case in which I clearly explained my situation and he accused me of lying. Now if I did lie, I would not have appealed 3x and posted this complaint. Instead, he threatened me with extending my ban. Does he have proof that I lied? Because I have proof that what I said did happen. I can have my RA vouch for me that I had a floor meeting at that time and I can have my roommate confirm that he did fool around on my account.

This brings the question of what the admins like GetStomped is trying to accomplish. Is he trying to promote a fun and fair system of gaming or is he trying to make himself feel like he's powerful and act like he's God? I understand that there are people that make up excuses and lie so maybe he is cynical, but the arrogant tone and the authoritative manner that he exercises his admin rights is tyrannical.

Admins are supposed to be promoting fair play and justice and GetStomped does not have those qualities. I have a lot of respect for all the other admins because they are very understanding and they exercise their power within their realms. I have not lied. I demand justice.

Stealer
Protector of Nature

Re: GetStomped is tyrannical and disrespectful

Postby Stealer » Fri May 01, 2015 8:24 pm

I appeal a ban case in which I clearly explained my situation

initial ban appeal wrote:Your Warcraft III username: OKC_Thunders
Realm/Gateway: US EAST
Why are you banned: new player leaver
Why you should be unbanned: I have good % on my mains, tinyelephant@ US EAST, ugandapeople@ US EAST. Happy Gaming unban please =)

I would not consider this 'clearly explaining'.

Now if I did lie, I would not have appealed 3x and posted this complaint.

Not sure where the proof is of this.. Rule breakers have historically made many appeals when they won't get unbanned.

Instead, he threatened me with extending my ban.

@getstomped don't extend ingame bans for forum actions.

Does he have proof that I lied? Because I have proof that what I said did happen. I can have my RA vouch for me that I had a floor meeting at that time and I can have my roommate confirm that he did fool around on my account.

In my experience, floor meetings never started exactly the time they were supposed to. Also its pretty easy to get a friend to pretend to be a RA.

Code: Select all

http://storage.entgaming.net/replay/view_replay.php?file=5717920.w3g
(21:20 / All) OKC_Thunders: im done with dota
(21:22 / All) OKC_Thunders: Fuck ent
(21:25 / QUIT) OKC_Thunders: Left

This looks like pretty solid proof to me (and even a non-mod)
A pretty common rule at ent is that you are responsible for what happens on your ip. If you roommate turned on maphack during this game you would be banned for it.

This brings the question of what the admins like GetStomped is trying to accomplish.

Well there is sufficent proof that somebody at your ip rage quitted. While I think all of the admins that read this think its you, it doesn't matter if it was. You are responsible for your ip & username and getstomped is just doing his job.

getstomped
Protector of Nature

Postby getstomped » Fri May 01, 2015 8:34 pm

Aside from the points above by camb....

you have opened 4 appeals today.

after being told:

"Disconnects get appealed. Even emergency leaves. Not rage-quits... especially rude ones."

In your first appeal, suddenly your story changes to:

"I checked the game log and I guess my roommate messed around with it before I got either kicked from afk or exited the game. We were about to win and I had a floor meeting so I was hoping that my team would be able to win before I got auto kicked for being afk so I left the game on. Apparently, I typed some flame words and then I left the game. That was not me."

Funny, in my 3 years in a dorm every time i had to go to a floor meeting my roommates and everyone else on the floor had to go also.... going to floor meetings by yourself?
FFS:
Your = Belonging (ex. Your hat, your hero)
You're = You are (ex. You're banned)

There = Location (ex. Get there fast)
Their = Belonging (ex. Their hero, their item)
They're = They are (ex. They're not helping, They're banned)

lisa91
Armored Tree

Postby lisa91 » Fri May 01, 2015 8:39 pm

I realize this is kind of pointless. But at this point, I'll just reply to prove a point. When I posted the first appeal, I thought I was banned for leaving. Which is true.

I was denied because getstomped looked into the game and saw that my friend had rage quit. In my second appeal, I explained the situation clearly. He said I was lying and denied again.

My understanding is that we appeal if we deem our ban to be not our fault. Why would I type "I'm done with this game, **** ENT" and then the next day appeal my case? We were winning, there was no reason for me to rage quit. I have no history of doing any of this... unless I have bipolar personality. There is no trigger for me to rage quit all of the sudden. I also looked at the replay, we're about to win and then there's a brief time when I'm afk which shows that I left and all of the sudden, I rush into their base and drop all my items and then type this. I mean, it's very cliche ... my friend did it. But it's true. I'm just trying to get unbanned for something that I didn't do. I apologize if I spammed on this forum but I do admit I was a bit frustrated.

lisa91
Armored Tree

Postby lisa91 » Fri May 01, 2015 8:48 pm

My "story" did change. It changed because I had no idea what happened. My initial understanding was I got banned for AFK. Then after you denied me, I did my research and learned the full story.

We are both resident assistants and we have different floors that we are in charge of.

You keep looking for a reason to deny me. I'm not looking to argue with you because obviously I will not win. You have admin power and I'm here asking you to unban me. The reason why I filed a complaint against you is because all the other admins that I've appealed to in the past are here to help us and keep the gamers from having fun by promoting a fair platform where we can penalize those who break the rules and appeal when we feel we are wronged, but our conversation is not going that way. You keep trying to find a loophole in what you think is a blatant lie, but I swear to my mother that this cliche story is true. Please unban me and we can have a happy dota community.

nabo.
Donator

Postby nabo. » Fri May 01, 2015 10:03 pm

So, is okc_thunders you or not? I guess it is either you or your roomy.

Whoever it was, clearly ragequit:
http://storage.entgaming.net/replay/vie ... 717920.w3g
(21:18 / All) OKC_Thunders: gg
(21:20 / All) OKC_Thunders: im done with dota
(21:22 / All) OKC_Thunders: Fuck ent
(21:25 / All) PackmeAbowl: OKC_Thunders has left the game voluntarily.
(21:25 / QUIT) OKC_Thunders: Left

You seem to think that every appeal has to be approved.
You have failed to "appeal" yourself.
I suggest you take a better approach next time.

A pretty common rule at ent is that you are responsible for what happens on your ip...

Your ban expires in about 12 hrs: 2 May 2015 06:29:01 EDT
Last edited by matdas on Sat May 02, 2015 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clan High@useast

• Check the wiki for ENT rules and general information.
  • Talk to mods on ENT chat.
  • Host games through our bots, Manage your stats, Secure your account(s), and check your ban status on ENT LINK.

Return to “Processed Cases”