Ban for "votekick abuse"?

Looking for your appeal? Approved or denied appeals are archived here.

Moderator: ENT Staff

Puczi
Resource Storage

Ban for "votekick abuse"?

Postby Puczi » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:02 pm

Your Warcraft III username: PucziPuczi
Realm/Gateway: wc3connect
Why are you banned: "votekick abuse"
Why you should be unbanned: I don't think I have ever abused votekick. I am almost certain that if I voted to kick someone, he had to be a malicious troll, who purposefuly tried to lose game or kill his teammates. However it would be helpful to know in which game I did abuse... Question should go to @astros.

ItsWhiteBeard
Aura Tree

Re: Ban for "votekick abuse"?

Postby ItsWhiteBeard » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:33 pm

These users thanked the author ItsWhiteBeard for the post:
Puczi (Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:06 pm)

UltraKill
Forest Walker

Postby UltraKill » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:14 pm

You voted !yes in a votekick against a player (me) who didn't break any rules.
aka furion[k:d] aka thecheekslapper aka thewhooper aka spanker aka bitchmaker aka ultrakill

no2
Resource Storage

Postby no2 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:54 pm

Should we have typed and said lets meet by the river to verify what's happening middle of the game? I can clearly see SCOURGE being banned for abusing this but when we're in middle of playing, how do we decide who's telling truth or who's not? What if you did sell all your items ? Now the other dude is going to post and we'll be banned? This is clearly doesn't make sense and I hope they fix this.

UltraKill
Forest Walker

Postby UltraKill » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:08 pm

no2 wrote:Should we have typed and said lets meet by the river to verify what's happening middle of the game? I can clearly see SCOURGE being banned for abusing this but when we're in middle of playing, how do we decide who's telling truth or who's not? What if you did sell all your items ? Now the other dude is going to post and we'll be banned? This is clearly doesn't make sense and I hope they fix this.

You could have typed in chat something like "furion is it true that you destroyed items?". Let's start with that.
aka furion[k:d] aka thecheekslapper aka thewhooper aka spanker aka bitchmaker aka ultrakill

Puczi
Resource Storage

Postby Puczi » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:20 pm

UltraKill wrote:You voted !yes in a votekick against a player (me) who didn't break any rules.

So I'm banned because your team lied about you and I believed them? Why the hell would I ask you, if even your teammates voted to kick you?
If you were a game-ruining troll would you say "yes I sold/destroyed my items, I deserve kick"?

Use your brain and don't behave like a kid. If someone deserves a ban, its' player who lied about you.

What's the point to ban players, who want to kick a supposed troll from enemy team? Sure, ban me, make me think twice next time before I vote to kick a true game ruiner from enemy team :roll:

GodSaveTheQQs
Resource Storage

Postby GodSaveTheQQs » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:39 pm

Puczi. Exactly as you said it. I wrote almost the same in my ban appeal post. The game was almost over and they accused each other of ruining/VKabusing. Furion kept dying every minute with the same way as doing it on purpose, his team told us that he was selling his items and at the end he was afk at fountain, stopped fighting and just chatting blaming us for VKabuse. On the other hand his team said to us (at start) that if we wouldnt kick him, they would report our team of letting the ruiner in game and that costs us 3 days of ban! lol! Who we supposed to believe ?

no2
Resource Storage

Postby no2 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:56 pm

Are you kidding about start by asking? You really think your teammates would’ve just sat there quietly? It would’ve been your word against theirs. I’ll wait for admins response because I’m hopeful that they can see that it wasn’t our mistake.

nitromon
Treant

Postby nitromon » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:22 pm

Were you on the sentinels? If you are on the sentinels, you got screwed. If you are on the scourge, I still defended you but you have clear vision to see what Furion was doing and whether he sold boots.

To me it isn't fair b/c
- there is communication
- you were lied to and threatened
- generally kick is warranted when you have multiple confirmation, reasons given, etc... which in this case were. Every scourge voted, 2 of them lied and quite loudly lied in details about the kick. They didn't just say he sold boots, but accused him of game ruining and feeding. You have no reason not to kick base on the information, especially in a recent case where a whole team was banned for not VK.

In the future, if you do votekick or don't votekick type in:
!timestamp I'm votekicking b/c reasons were provided and multiple confirmation from the opposing team.

or

!timestamp I'm not votekicking b/c not enough evidence were provided to make a certain determination.

This way you cover your ass.

Puczi
Resource Storage

Postby Puczi » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:49 pm

We were both in sentinel team.
http://storage.entgaming.net/replay/vie ... 709859.w3g
This is ridiculous that we are all banned BECAUSE WE WANTED TO HELP ENEMY TEAM and agreed to kick a guy they said is a troll.

Apparently fair-play is punished.

UltraKill
Forest Walker

Postby UltraKill » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:30 am

Puczi wrote:If you were a game-ruining troll would you say "yes I sold/destroyed my items, I deserve kick"?

I would say "No, they are lieing." And I would come out of fog asap to prove you.

UltraKill
Forest Walker

Postby UltraKill » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:31 am

Puczi wrote:
Apparently fair-play is punished.

Fair play would be, if you didn't vote.

raedric
Forest Walker

Postby raedric » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:47 am

I agree from the premise of this, other team had no way of knowing and furi's gameplay could seem like ruining with some of his decisions. I think the primary two offenders should have been the only ones banned because it's easy to lose track of allies gameplay when they're always playing solo

no2
Resource Storage

Postby no2 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:04 am

Two day ban is nothing but at this point, it’s about getting things right. You can see that several community members who looked into this has sided with sentinel. I would ask all the sentinel players be unbanned.

Astros
Protector of Nature

Postby Astros » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:13 am

I always love when people say, "majority agree with me." The majority of you aren't understanding the dilemma. How many games have people lied about X player doing Y thing? Every game. Should you !votekick someone because other people lied? What evidence was provided that he was item selling or suiciding? Because he sold his boots (at a loss of 225 gold) and died once due to a bad teleport? The other team issued abusive votekicks and you guys !yes'd it with a lack of evidence. The correct thing for Sentinel to do should have been to see if Furion actually did sell any core items and if he continued "suiciding." Literally, ONE DEATH was caused by him teleporting into three of you guys and he fully intended to kill one player (as even CM stated). He was kicked because you guys voted on an abusive !votekick request. It was your responsibility to make sure your vote is backed up by evidence and you guys simply had none.
ENT Custom Games Discord ------------------ https://discord.gg/kGAUdTYZ5B

Return to “Processed Appeals”