Banned 3 weeks for saving game?

Looking for your appeal? Approved or denied appeals are archived here.

Moderator: ENT Staff

CountChocula96
Treant

Banned 3 weeks for saving game?

Postby CountChocula96 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:06 pm

Your Warcraft III username: Winter
Realm/Gateway: Europe
Why are you banned: viewtopic.php?f=172&t=131446
Why you should be unbanned: 3 weeks for saving a game and doing a votekick that nobody voted on is excessive. I think Beerlord is not a good mod and have made threads in the past complaining about him. He has a grudge against me and is the only mod following me around after 2 years. I make fun of him in game, and then he gets mad but pretends he doesn't care. Then a day later he finds another one of my games to ban me. Right before this ban, in another game, I was making fun of him...and now 2 days later I got banned. I realize nobody will do anything about him, but isn't this ban excessive by anyone's standards? 3 weeks for saving a game? Every mod's ban on me has been fair here on ENT, but I truly, truly feel that is not the case with him. All of his bans are excessive.
"you the biggest wack job on dead ent" -burberry; Flamer/Fan; DotA

Slomosapien
Treant

Re: Banned 3 weeks for saving game?

Postby Slomosapien » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:20 pm

@CountChocula96 @Beerlord

If you've done something worth being banned for, why does it matter who finds it or how? Stop doing things in contravention to the game rules and you won't have anything to complain about.

Bans increase in length when you have repeated offences, especially in a short amount of time. Short bans are clearly not getting the message across.

BeerLord
Protector of Nature

Postby BeerLord » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:29 pm

Your bans are longer because you consistently and knowingly break the rules. There is an easy solution.

I was a player in this particular game, had no idea who you were, and while computing the ban length came across your aliases and your history.

CountChocula96
Treant

Postby CountChocula96 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:30 am

Can a mod check BeerLord's story by checking my alias "Winter" on DotA and seeing what names are connected with it? I believe he only figured out Winter was tied to this account after he saw a THREAD I made in the BRQ section, and then used that thread against me to try to add time to the ban out of revenge. (We discuss the thread in the game's chat). He did not "come across" my "aliases and history" while "computing ban length." He saw who it was, and THEN computed ban length, not other way around.

I don't have names that he knows tied to Winter. He couldn't have known it was linked to me as countchocula/pudgey. He found out via the forum (which I have tried to hide from his bias). So I'm discouraged from posting ban requests on ENT for rulebreakers/hackers in fear beerlord will look at it and try to ban me again.

This is unreal. People go afk and destroy items and get 1 week. I pause game once and get 3 weeks.

Also, you might have had a point with the "repeated offences = longer bans"....IF OTHER PLAYERS REPORTED ME ON ENT FORUMS! Stop. Pause and think for just one second: If what I was doing was so bad, why is beerlord the only one banning me and reporting it? Why didn't other players in the game file a ban request? Beerlord is the judge, jury, and executioner, and it's really wrong to have this on ENT. Thought this bot was fair before he began stalking me. And mods defend him because they think it's like the American police: if someone does something wrong, they will all say the same thing regardless of logic.
"you the biggest wack job on dead ent" -burberry; Flamer/Fan; DotA

FalenGa
Oversight Staff

Postby FalenGa » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:27 am

Your argument is ridiculous. If you want to post requests, just follow the rules. If you don't wanna be banned, just follow the rules. You make such a big deal out of something so straight forward.

And yes, that's the job of mods. To be judge, jury and executioner. That should be obvious.

Merex
Oversight Staff

Postby Merex » Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:22 am

Colorful attitude, allow me to be the 4th mod to say your argument is ridiculous.

Indeed no respect on our rules, therefor your appeal denied and to be attempted again in 1 week from now, if that's your choice.

In-case you need a specific date: Wednesday August 1st, 2018.
The Slap God - An EoC Story
  • ENT Rules, Guides and more can be found on our Wiki.
  • Contact the staff & interact with others by joining our Discord.
  • Now available: Host A Game UI.

Return to “Processed Appeals”