Bitching about experience... (again)

Moderators: Remixer, IAmDragon

BeeKauzh
Forest Walker

Re: Bitching about experience... (again)

Postby BeeKauzh » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:46 am

@shadowzz Since you included my name in your post (no idea why) I'll reply.

Titan has a below 40% win rate. < This is the point you agree with.
Sure, I will assume you have something to back this

Now, for a game to be balanced both sides must have an equal chance of winning. < You agree with this too correct? (I really hope you do or any comment you make after this is going to be hilariously bad).
I would like ID to have a 50% winrate, but I doubt it should have one. Why? Cause some of the people who join game as titan are braindead and die at mid/leave. A guaranteed loss. That same person joins as builder: it's never a guaranteed loss because others can carry him. The best titan ever joins as titan: It's never a guaranteed win/loss. The best builder ever joins as builder: It's never a guaranteed win/loss. Ideally everyone would have a clue of what they should be doing and only then the game should have a 50% winrate

Now for the point that makes complete sense to everyone else except you.
Titan needs to be easier to play for people so as more people can learn it. Nobody gives a fuck about playing 200 games with titan in an 8 year old game for the sake of still only having a below 50% rate. That would be fucking retarded. No player wants to play a game where if they get insanely good they still have jack shit chance of being anywhere near a positive win ratio for any length of time. No other game would even suggest a game being anywhere close to balanced when one side wins over 65% of the time.
The solution to this is that titan needs to be more accessible and easier to play.
Titan is a retardedly insane learning curve and if you don't understand why that is terrible for a game where the other side has a dog shit learning curve then you really shouldn't be commenting.
Your numbers are off but this makes complete sense to me, where was I suppose to disagree?

Whilst you may think guides etc is a way to learn, it really isn't. The only people reading guides are people who already know how to do the shit in them.
You seem to see Island Defense as this Elite game where pros are made and amazing players should be worshipped for their skill. > It's a non-competitive game. Fact. The game is a game for fun. Not for years of training to get decent at titan. It needs to be modelled for fun because it WILL NEVER be competitive. > This is another point you will disagree with because you can't bring yourself to understand a 1v10 game will NEVER be competitive and thus being the best at it really means shit all.
I never saw guides as a way to learn, it's a way to perfect yourself. I never saw ID as an Elite game and yes its a non-competitive game. You dont need years of training to get decent, you need to try. I never taught a 1v10 was competitive, why would you think that anyone think so?

Don't take the dominant approach. This isn't flame. This is the truth. You need to finally start to understand that whilst you and Burn may be good players. You don't have a fucking clue about how to balance it. That's just honesty.
I give no fucks about balance and I have not suggested anything to balance the game in a long time. You are correct I have no clue how to balance ID, I dont even know what is good and what is not (Currently almost only playing mag).

I'm not trying to be an asshole to you. ID is not a competitive game. You can add ELO and grind 1000+games for good ELO all you want. It's still going to be a casual game intended for casual players. ID is NOT competitive and never will be. It is a casual game for non hardcore gamers. Having an in-house league and convincing everyone there is some sort of competitive side is a delusional attempt of basically adding ELO based matchmaking to a game that realistically simply doesn't fit the profile of a competitive game. I hope you understand this, it really isn't flame. I've been ignoring you're flame for a bit now and have decided to simply be brutally honest with you. This is not flame. I promise you.
I agree with all of this, why wouldn't I? For once you do not think the complete opposite of me, wow.

Hash
Poison Treant

Postby Hash » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:35 am

cant we all just get along, yall needa smoke more weed tbh

ShadowZz
Poison Treant

Postby ShadowZz » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:48 am

@Beekauzh I appreciate the honest post.

Burn
Protector of Nature

Postby Burn » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:49 pm

Eh, I think for a game to strive, you need both.

1) Fun to play for casuals, and making sure games are in favour for builder for two like-minded and similar skilled teams. Like Beek said, both builders and titans should be easy to learn, fun to play and hard to master. Not because of annoying nerfs, but because of more micro-management or skill shots.

2) Competitive game for higher plays. The editor should strive for a 50% win rate between two like-skilled teams, and is done by analysing inhouse replays and outcomes.

-Burn

Return to “Island Defense”