Abnormality summons/insects gain gold from 0% bounty mid leaks

Moderator: LIHL Staff

TeachRolls
Armored Tree

Abnormality summons/insects gain gold from 0% bounty mid leaks

Postby TeachRolls » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:20 am

http://storage.entgaming.net/replay/view_replay.php?file=10290139.w3g

thizzordie gains between 100-200 additional gold from Tom's 0% bounty mid leaks by his Abnormalities insects killing the leaks. Is this intended to work as it does (makes no sense that you can gain gold from 0% bounty leaks) or is this a major bug?

I'm quite sure this had an effect on the attached game but I care more that you fix this issue as soon as possible and avoid such bugs in the future - if it is one.

Note; This is not a report but requires immediate attention from both LIHL Mods and broud3r.

Semi-triggered regards,
TeachRolls

HazarDous
Staff Department

Re: Abnormality summons/insects gain gold from 0% bounty mid leaks

Postby HazarDous » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:07 am

If you read malf's information, you see it's meant that way.

TeachRolls
Armored Tree

Postby TeachRolls » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:39 am

I've read it and I think it's only there because people reported their concerns for not receiving the full amount of gold from their own kills. For me it clearly should apply to each player's own kills and NOT extend to allied leaks - I mean come on that's common sense.

I simply can't believe that a unit exists which disregards the entire xx% bounty -mid leak system. If anyone puts some thought into this thread, checks the replay and they can start to picture how OP it would be to have mass abnormality eating 0% bounty allied leaks which begin to generate a hefty amount of gold especially after level 10.
TeachRolls

MudMan
Treant

Postby MudMan » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:20 am

in my opinion malf is balanced and not op, if anything, the movement speed of the bugs needs to be buffed:D

FadingSuns
Treant Protector

Postby FadingSuns » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:58 am

i tried mass malfs many times and it doesnt hold any send lvl (can hold 10 but not mid). So i cant see that as a real game changer... If u wanna mass malf and try it urself but i highly doubt u can get advantage on it

Meshtar
Treant

Postby Meshtar » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:21 pm

I think Brouder actually intended that ability to work that way as a special bonus since abnormality is not op on any wave after the fix. I guess its possible to feed another lane that way, but it would require someone to go pure abnormality and even then only creeps killed by bugs would give 100% bounty, not the ones killed by abnormality itself. I don't think going full abnormality holder is a viable strategy on any wave, since the unit does most of its dmg after death which kinda kills the whole idea of mid holder doesn't it ;)

dweiler
Plague Treant

Postby dweiler » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:38 pm

Honestly, I think it is a fun addition to LTD. Start building to protect malfs so they just die in mid and give some extra gold. Of course, this has the potential to be OP if you can find a way to gain 50+ gold every round from it, so would need to check if it needs balance, but a nice idea for some extra strategy.
You don't stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

TeachRolls
Armored Tree

Postby TeachRolls » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:21 pm

MickeyTheMousie wrote:Honestly, I think it is a fun addition to LTD. Start building to protect malfs so they just die in mid and give some extra gold. Of course, this has the potential to be OP if you can find a way to gain 50+ gold every round from it, so would need to check if it needs balance, but a nice idea for some extra strategy.

Not an 'extra strategy' but an extra advantage (= disadvantage to the opposing team unless they have a dead lane+abnormality) restricted to a single unit. Strategy is something you can commit to regardless of the circumstances but you can't gain full bounty from 0% bounty leaks unless you have a specific unit.

It's clear you guys haven't watched the replay - thizz didn't even have to build "to protect" his abnormalities and he already gained a significant amount of additional value from a dead lane's leaks. Fair enough he had the chance to mid without the additional value but seeing as they were 2vs4 heals and thizz eventually went mid 15 for them and delayed their leaks from reaching the king more than he would have without the extra gold. We, of course, died faster so how is that not gamechanging?

Imagine you're playing a 4vs4 and you have Abnorm with good adds, two normal functioning lanes and a dead lane; you tell the other two lanes to not build/barely hold their own lane so you pool everything to yourself. I'm willing to bury the hatchet regarding this matter as the consensus is once again against me but as my closing words I'll say that you're underestimating this.

I remember back in early December when I said the map back then was unfit for LIHL and got a lot of heat from many players only to have them agree with me not long after. This map is fine but one unit gaining additional gold from a dead lane's 0% bounty leaks is absurd and very contradicting - similar to pulling which was very much disallowed before.
TeachRolls

dweiler
Plague Treant

Postby dweiler » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:56 pm

Tombamp3 wrote:Not an 'extra strategy' but an extra advantage (= disadvantage to the opposing team unless they have a dead lane+abnormality) restricted to a single unit. Strategy is something you can commit to regardless of the circumstances but you can't gain full bounty from 0% bounty leaks unless you have a specific unit.

It's clear you guys haven't watched the replay - thizz didn't even have to build "to protect" his abnormalities and he already gained a significant amount of additional value from a dead lane's leaks. Fair enough he had the chance to mid without the additional value but seeing as they were 2vs4 heals and thizz eventually went mid 15 for them and delayed their leaks from reaching the king more than he would have without the extra gold. We, of course, died faster so how is that not gamechanging?

Imagine you're playing a 4vs4 and you have Abnorm with good adds, two normal functioning lanes and a dead lane; you tell the other two lanes to not build/barely hold their own lane so you pool everything to yourself. I'm willing to bury the hatchet regarding this matter as the consensus is once again against me but as my closing words I'll say that you're underestimating this.

I remember back in early December when I said the map back then was unfit for LIHL and got a lot of heat from many players only to have them agree with me not long after. This map is fine but one unit gaining additional gold from a dead lane's 0% bounty leaks is absurd and very contradicting - similar to pulling which was very much disallowed before.

@broud3r
You don't stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

FadingSuns
Treant Protector

Postby FadingSuns » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:38 pm

I honestly think that if u constantly try to do that abuse is not gona work on 99% of cases. Its really hard to put enought val of malfs in mid to be able to abuse that. Honestly i think thats no issue at all:

1) u need a lot of malfs (hard to mid with many malfs alive)

2) u need to kill all mid with malf flies (again very unlikely)

I trust that in a given specific game the planets might align and it gives u a nice advantage. But im sure if u try to reproduce that game again u will fail on 99% of cases. Rlly hard to say when that game will happen again.

Would love that all lihl games like that one u mention are reported here, just to get a real data of how often that happens. I bet it will not happen again in the next few days even if we all try to force it

Resuming: this worries me zero

TeachRolls
Armored Tree

Postby TeachRolls » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:04 pm

I agree with you Ace that this will not happen every single game someone has malformation. But as I know you won't bother watching the replay so I'll just break it down to you that this will happen when a team has both 1) committed suicider who leaks ~full and 2) Abnormality (4-5 is enough to feed off of 11 & 12 mid leaks). How often/rarely that happens is hard to tell before-hand but those are the conditions.

thizz received 25g on lvl 11, 60g on lvl 12, 0g on lvl 13 (teammates raped mid) & 36g on lvl 14 = 121g in total. The list would continue if the game hadn't ended on 15 and the amounts would be higher if teammates were told to not build in order to maximize gain.
TeachRolls

FadingSuns
Treant Protector

Postby FadingSuns » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:27 pm

Well as i asked... Lets try force it and see how likely is it to happen. I really think it wont be as easy as u mention, but we need figure it out.

I bet that game wont happen again in the next days, lets see whats ppl experience

HazarDous
Staff Department

Postby HazarDous » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:38 am

Well, seems somewhat balanced to me so far? Haven't yet played any game wherein abno turned out to be 'too strong'.

nukid
Forest Walker

Postby nukid » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:25 pm

well i just had a game yesterday in 3s where i went mid with 1 halfdead abno lvl5, 40 unforced leaks --> wave ---> 80 extragold....same thing happend on lvl6.....this was pretty lucky and we still lost that game but i was like 10 times fatter than i shouldve been... once people figure out how to utilize it it probably will turn out to be a problem...so far its no problem i guess

TeachRolls
Armored Tree

Postby TeachRolls » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:43 pm

http://storage.entgaming.net/replay/vie ... 369825.w3g

Game-changing outcome due to my abnormalities eating BA's leaks on some levels (especially lvl 8) as I mid 14 with the extra feed making me bigger. We survive 14 with 1k hp. In this game it also just "happened" as ranz pointed out in his comment - when someone perfects this, and eventually someone will, it's going to define games a whole lot more frequently than it does at the moment.
TeachRolls

Return to “LIHL Archive”