Some nwu mens

General discussion about Warcraft III and Enterprise.
FR0GiE
Resource Storage

Some nwu mens

Postby FR0GiE » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:31 am

The new version is very laggy i don't think its the bot. I've seen many players complain that its the scripting. ENT please host an older version of NWU until a newer playable version comes out. Thanks.

ProbablyNoob
Basic Tree

Re: Some nwu mens

Postby ProbablyNoob » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:09 am

Yes you right, peopel complaining about dei's bomb yam's cage shoda's ult , spells lagging the game , i saw it too, 3-4 players said it was the script
These users thanked the author ProbablyNoob for the post:
FR0GiE (Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:12 am)

Masamune

Postby Masamune » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:54 am

https://entgaming.net/forum/viewtopic.p ... 81#p203281

Already archived. Arsm was shit, and most of the people had no comment about it really.

reborn2956
Armored Tree

Postby reborn2956 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:38 am

Masamune wrote:https://entgaming.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=203281#p203281

Already archived. Arsm was shit, and most of the people had no comment about it really.

I don't think he was complaining about arsm mode. I think it was more of the NWU version itself.

@Masamune
These users thanked the author reborn2956 for the post:
FR0GiE (Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:31 am)
Frank has said these words on February 10, 2015.
Hali has said these words on April 14, 2015.
Sirn has said these words on June 28, 2015.

FR0GiE
Resource Storage

Postby FR0GiE » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:31 am

Yes, the NWU version itself is giving a number of players issues. The bot is no longer hosting -arsm its -sdsm but some players are lagging hard due to the new version. Certain skills have huge delays. Are some of you other guys experiencing this or is it just a handful of us?

Masamune

Postby Masamune » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:56 am

reborn2956 wrote:
Masamune wrote:https://entgaming.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=203281#p203281

I don't think he was complaining about arsm mode. I think it was more of the NWU version itself.

@Masamune

@Reborn2956

Re-read my edit on the original topic I was alluding to in that thread.

https://entgaming.net/forum/viewtopic.p ... 26#p203226

muZk
Aura Tree

Postby muZk » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:54 pm

ProbablyNoob wrote:Yes you right, peopel complaining about dei's bomb yam's cage shoda's ult , spells lagging the game , i saw it too, 3-4 players said it was the script

Finally some1 that gives me something to start haha.

I'll try to fix it soon.

Btw, Any1 has seen the blink drop bug?

frankshotsauce
Forest Walker

Postby frankshotsauce » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:57 pm

I haven't seen the blink drop bug in a while. I played maybe 5 games yesterday though and I can confirm that the game itself is extremely lagging. We noticed it on my last game https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=5155518 that whenever Nibi would change forms, is when the lag started. This is a first for me to notice that kind of lag with Nibi in game. We also had a Yam and Dei with us as well. Lots of spell dmg/animation and every person on both sides was lagging hard. The mode in this game was back to -SDSM as well, just an FYI.

@muZk
@Masamune

Masamune

Postby Masamune » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:04 pm

Yeah. That became clarified with ProbablyNoobs post lol. I thought it was originally -arsm (shit mode) but apparently its the script.

muZk
Aura Tree

Postby muZk » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:27 pm

frankshotsauce wrote:I haven't seen the blink drop bug in a while. I played maybe 5 games yesterday though and I can confirm that the game itself is extremely lagging. We noticed it on my last game https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=5155518 that whenever Nibi would change forms, is when the lag started. This is a first for me to notice that kind of lag with Nibi in game. We also had a Yam and Dei with us as well. Lots of spell dmg/animation and every person on both sides was lagging hard. The mode in this game was back to -SDSM as well, just an FYI.

@muZk
@Masamune

I played a long game with dei and I didn't lag. Only a user in my team (beatchplz or bitchplz I don't remember his name). I haven't played with Nibi in game, so I can't confirm that :mrgreen:

does it happen in early/mid or late game?

I'll release a version soon with small changes that may fix the lag issues.

frankshotsauce
Forest Walker

Postby frankshotsauce » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:30 pm

muZk wrote:I played a long game with dei and I didn't lag. Only a user in my team (beatchplz or bitchplz I don't remember his name). I haven't played with Nibi in game, so I can't confirm that :mrgreen:

does it happen in early/mid or late game?

I'll release a version soon with small changes that may fix the lag issues.

It happened near the beginning of the game that I had posted. Once Nibi reached level 6 i would guess it was a few minutes after we all noticed the lag kicking in. It only progressed worse as the game lingered on.

@muZk

frankshotsauce
Forest Walker

Postby frankshotsauce » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:52 pm

Even a quick update for some games today

Basically any character that has a large animation for their spells, causes huge spikes to follow. Just today, for example, SHO, TEM, SHINO, MADA, ASUMA, and NIDA all cause delays. Now the rest of the other characters seen so far, SAS and SARU have smaller animation and do not appear to slow the game down. It also happens near the start of the game when people are picking, but that's just me being nit-picky. The weird ones though, that don't appear to cause any sort of delay/lag, PEIN and DEI, both have large animation, but it doesn't appear to me to cause any lag. I hope this helps out for you @muZk . I can keep you up to date on here and on the NWU website as well if this help at all. Thanks!
These users thanked the author frankshotsauce for the post:
muZk (Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:22 am)

Little_Kyomi
Basic Tree

Postby Little_Kyomi » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:31 am

I'd like to point out that it doesn't seem to necessarily happen every game with those heroes - I've played with Nid and Dei without an issue, and as Hina I never had issues with ulti either (which I would hazard a guess is a fairly large animation), same with Kisa ulti (which I can see causing problems if animation lag is the issue).

However, as I play from Australia, I already sit at a higher ping (180-200) normally in game, so perhaps spiking isn't affecting me as much, or is less noticeable at that point.

muZk
Aura Tree

Postby muZk » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:47 am

Thanks @frankshotsauce for your help.

There are two types of effects: "real" and "units" effects. The second one, in reality uses a "unit" with a "effect" attached to this. The heroes that uses a lot of this kind are: Nidaime (1st), Shodaime (ulti), Sandaime (2nd), Mei (3rd and ulti), Obito (1st, 2nd), Temari (tornado and ultimate), Kisame (1st).
So I think the heroes that uses this type of sfx could be the problem.

Btw, the small delay during hero pick is because the map preloads all the resources the hero needs. I can avoid it but it will increase the loading screen duration a lot :o

matdas
ENT Staff

Postby matdas » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:24 am

Yamato cage after it despells causes a huge lag spike

Return to “General Discussions”