People still playing Warcraft III

General discussion about Warcraft III and Enterprise.
Crispz
Treant Protector

People still playing Warcraft III

Postby Crispz » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:10 am

I just wanted to jump to a conclusion if people are REALLY REALLY still playing Warcraft III because if you guys are I'm really surprised and shocked that the Warcraft III community has fallen apart yet.
Retired. Co-Admin/Forum Mod/Dota Admin
Tommy | Visuals

DreathKnight
Protector of Nature

Re: People still playing Warcraft III

Postby DreathKnight » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:10 pm

Crispz wrote:Warcraft III community has fallen apart yet.

The same cannot be said for the Starcraft: Broodwar community. That community is like a ghost town. Of course broodwar is 5 years older than WC3 so it's hardly a surprise. Just give it 5 years and Warcraft will just be a shadow of its former glory.

beerisforbears
Treant Protector

Postby beerisforbears » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:44 pm

starcraft sucks

Naruto-fr
Treant

Postby Naruto-fr » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:14 pm

I agree with beer SC2 sucks hard... that is why WC3 is still alive

2GhoulsOnePudge
Basic Tree

Postby 2GhoulsOnePudge » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:05 pm

I think WC3 will always have its fans - although people will only likely play certain maps. I have to admit, the only thing I play is DotA, and to be honest that was 95% of the reason I bought WC3 and TFT, because I wanted to play DotA with some mates.

cyberpunk
Protector of Nature

Postby cyberpunk » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:20 pm

sup, we are the proud of the wc3 nation.
[spoiler=Links to find ur ban]Link to banlist
Link to ENT Link[/spoiler]
I don't answer private messages that should be public questions. Use the forum

HolySchimmel
Resource Storage

Postby HolySchimmel » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:45 am

wc3 is about the same as cs 1.6. People just love it oldschool and those kind of games will always (hopefully) be played.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

BouncingHitman

Postby BouncingHitman » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:22 pm

I've been in the WarCraft community since 2005, alot has changed or I should say a whole bunch has changed in the game. There used to be no bots in the game, then, the first "bot" that I remember seeing was the AutoRefresh. Then obviously, stuff starting advance (technology wise) and people starting exploiting.

Of course, the game wouldn't be so dead if Blizzard kept giving updates to the game, and let the WarCraft community know they still care about the game.

DreathKnight
Protector of Nature

Postby DreathKnight » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:12 pm

I think hosting bots are part of the reason why this game is still alive. Unlike WCIII, broodwar and the original starcraft do not have host bots. As a result, the custom game list on starcraft battle.net doesn't fill. Part of the reason that there is a lack of people playing starcraft is because the game is so old and the biggest starcraft players, the Koreans, have moved on to SCII.

The difference between the age of WCIII and SC1 is 5 years. So does that mean WCIII will be in the same position as SC1? I would say the answer is no because the host bots are keeping the game list full. Now some people can argue that the host bots introduced to WCIII was the games undoing, but right now it's what is keeping it alive.

BouncingHitman

Postby BouncingHitman » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:48 pm

[spoiler=]
DreathKnight wrote:I think hosting bots are part of the reason why this game is still alive. Unlike WCIII, broodwar and the original starcraft do not have host bots. As a result, the custom game list on starcraft battle.net doesn't fill. Part of the reason that there is a lack of people playing starcraft is because the game is so old and the biggest starcraft players, the Koreans, have moved on to SCII.

The difference between the age of WCIII and SC1 is 5 years. So does that mean WCIII will be in the same position as SC1? I would say the answer is no because the host bots are keeping the game list full. Now some people can argue that the host bots introduced to WCIII was the games undoing, but right now it's what is keeping it alive.
[/spoiler]

Introducing bots to Warcraft III when it was really active was a big mistake, it destroyed the game.
Now hosting bots are pretty much the only thing keeping the Warcraft III community together and still somewhat active.

b88lthecsar
Basic Tree

Postby b88lthecsar » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:25 pm

if ur ON US WEST ,and LOVE the OLD ways of fightings comps, I'm going to host a game in 10 min or so. GN: bradmara ... just come in 10 min or so its a 4vs 4 computer game. I wont be offended if you dont stay long, just stay long enough to get the just of the map ingame.
again will host bradmara, game name if you want to whisper me please whisper baalthecsar US WEST :p

ShadowLynx
Basic Tree

Postby ShadowLynx » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:50 am

No, the demise of SC is due to the advent of SC2. You will see WC3 in the gutters when WC4 comes out. That's for sure.

teller55
Donator

Postby teller55 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:07 am

I'll believe WC4 is coming out when I see it.

Also, I doubt it will destroy WC3 unless they make it backwards compatible with WC3 maps OR make it relatively easy to port from WC3 to WC4 (Unlike the shitty awful time it is trying to port from WC3 to SC2...)

Yondaime
Protector of Nature

Postby Yondaime » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:26 am

Blizzard does not give two shits about WC3 why?? Because they make no money off of it anymore, no one really is buying the game. with WoW they rack thousands of dollars each day for monthly memberships early memberships, or just random retards buying items with real cash. WC4 most likely not going to happen as much as I would love to see it. I may even pay per month if i had too but probably not. Also I think that is why they made a patch to try to get rid of the host bots, they want WC3 to die out but they cannot shut it down just like that I believe.

Party-Sheeep
Armored Tree

Postby Party-Sheeep » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:17 pm

I've been in the Warcraft community since 2004, I was 8 back then and I stopped for 3 years at the age of 14. Now I've redownloaded the game and I'm proud that people still play the game and that the games I used to play are the ones that stayed the most active! Starcraft and WoW took a lot of the community but there are still some fans of WC3, proud to be one!

Return to “General Discussions”